Thursday, December 27, 2012

A favorite dinner salad

One goal I had for 2012 was to encourage my creativity while cooking. I decided to document a few dishes that I created over the year, as well as attempt to make more kitchen "staples" at home. I created several recipes that were super easy... dishes that I would come back to time and time again. I decided that even if they were not amazingly creative, they should be featured and remembered none the less. I have one more of these. A sweet and nutty type of salad. My new favorite salad to make when hosting dinner or bringing over a little something for a dinner with friends.


Sweet and Nutty Dinner Salad

1 head torn romaine lettuce
1/2 cup feta cheese
1/2 cup toasted nuts (pecans, walnuts, pistachios, or almonds are my favorites for this salad)
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1 sliced pear

dressing: apple cider vinaigrette
2 tablespoon honey
4 tablespoon olive oil
4 tablespoon apple cider vinegar

Salad: Prepare lettuce. Place in large salad bowl. Sprinkle feta, toasted nuts, dried cranberries, and sliced pears over top of lettuce.  

Dressing: Mix honey, olive oil, apple cider vinegar in a jar. Stir/shake. Serve with salad.

If you really want to impress your taste buds, roast some butternut squash and add it into the mix. Delicious, delicious, delicious. Then exchange the feta for goat cheese... you won't be sorry. Not in the slightest.

No comments:

Post a Comment