Sunday, July 1, 2012

Update: My 12 in 2012



As I inch closer to the big 3-0, I've been slowly crossing off items on my 30 before 30 list. I recently realized in my quest to simplifying daily life it might be beneficial to break down my 30 into a manageable list of 12 tasks to complete by the end of this year. Now that it is half way through the year (what? 2012 can you please slow down?) I thought it was time for an update, not to dwell on how little I have accomplished, but to regroup in a formal way. 


My 12 as follows...

1. Explore my cooking creativity and post about 10 recipes on my blog this year - Started: I am no where near ten recipes posted, but I've been considering a variety of favorites to include while posting this summer.  
2. Run, hike, bike, or hit the gym four days a week - Started: a routine is mounting and there is noticeable growth in my running abilities; I will strive to document my physical activity to see if it is a routine four days each and every week
3. Sew an article of clothing that I or someone else will actually wear - Ideas are forming but not started
4. Make homemade bread an average of one loaf per month- Started: but inconsistent at best
5. Paint and decorate our bedroom- Not really started: but colors are being considered
6. Register and run a 5K- Not complete
7. Go on a brew-cation- Not complete
8. Start and care for a container garden- Started: needs work and continued care
9. Read and finish one book each month - Started: I am a reading fool who is currently involved in the Chronicles of Narnia
10. Organize my box madness- Started: I wish this could go much faster 
11. Draft plans and a working schedule for our "backyard heaven" - Started: we have drafted a list of ideas we want to include in our outdoor space
12. Host a party at our home - Not complete or started

Six months is a decent amount of time. Hopefully enough time to accomplish these remaining goals and tasks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment