Monday, November 16, 2015

around these parts {+ on my bookshelf}

hey! so, to be honest i've been really light on reading lately...

all this moving and finding my new normals. it has been difficult for me to find a few minutes to really relax the past few weeks. but the funny thing is, it was the perfect time for the books that i had checked out from the library!

that's right - chicken books, gardening books and a book about mastering habits!




i always learn so much from chicken books, so i won't spend a ton of time on that. but one book i really enjoyed was:

Better Than Before by Gretchen Rubin...

i've always enjoyed reading Gretchen Rubin's books. She frequently writes about topics -habits and happiness- that interest me. i loved how this book made me consider what "type" of person i am. and of course what "type" of person my husband is. i've actually found that since reading this books i've let a few things go. like those sort of wishes that are just not obtainable for who i am or of desires that are just not my top priority right now. why let those ideas, that i will probably never make most important, drag me down so often? i think with that take away... it was totally worth reading this book!

and actually maybe that is a good way to start this week! i hope you all have a lovely monday!



No comments:

Post a Comment