Monday, April 17, 2017

NOURISH::LOVE + SELF CARE

hey there loves!

i've been thinking a lot about nourish {my word for the year} and self care. i'm learning about what it looks like for me to give myself some permission to pause, to take what i need.

what fills me up? right now i crave time with my little family in a low scheduled sort of way. a haircut? yes, i'm in dire need but the morning my husband said "go. go to Target and then run to the salon, we will be here when you get back." i was exhausted and hadn't slept well for several nights- an extra 30 minutes of sleep and an uninterrupted breakfast was all i wanted. if i sat for a haircut i would surely nod off and walking the dollar spot was the last thing i thought would make me feel rested that particular morning.

however i've found a few things that seem to really be worth my efforts right now...

i'm investing an evening a week to starting a yoga practice at a studio. this has immensely helped my muscles open up and i'm gaining some flexibility in the poses i practice at home during the rest of the week. honestly, just what i needed.

and i'm trying to phrase the little bits of time when i'm working on our home in a way that fills me up. it is true, some nights when my husband asks how he can help - all i want is a clean floor and an empty sink. i was very inspired by this essay and i'm using a similar thought while tidying up our home.

and of course - podcasts! - i took some time away from listening to the talking because i needed the quiet, but now i'm up for a little chat here and there while doing dishes, laundry or cleaning the kitchen. my little j loves music but doesn't seem to mind hearing talking voices when he plays and i start to make dinner.

what do you do for self care? how do you nourish yourself to stay well for your families?

need some inspiration? try out...

these words from jennifer, katie, stephanie and aglaee.


happy new week!













No comments:

Post a Comment