Friday, June 28, 2013

{Update} My 13 in 2013

Wow, this year is f.l.y.i.n.g.

I cannot believe that we're part way through the summer and barreling straight into July. I thought it would be perfect timing to check in on my personal goals for this year. I've got some work to do :)
My 13 in 2013

1. Read 2 books each month - in progress - I'm well on my way... the most inspiring book so far this year has been Animal, Vegetable, Miracle... thank you to my dear friend for allowing me her copy for many, many weeks while I poured over it :)

2. Create and follow a financial plan - in progress - I'm so happy to report that we are saving dollars, tracking spending, and watching our debts dwindle!

3. Continue de-cluttering of our home  - in progress - this takes time but going strong

4. Run, bike, hike or hit the gym four days a week - in progress - I no longer "hit the gym" but I'm happy to say I'm more active this year than last.

5. Share 10 tips, recipes, or ideas that consider my lifestyle choice of cutting out processed & non local foods on the blog - in progress - this choice requires lots of thought and preparation; I'm still working on always being one step ahead with ideas of food and menu planning.

6. Take the time to travel to a "someday" place or take a "someday" trip - booked - will write more about this soon

7. Write more - success - I'm writing daily as part of my routine and not always just on this blog.

8. Garden - in progress - I've got little green tomatoes and lots of beautiful plants who keep growing and growing!

9. Create a desirable working space in our study - in progress - we're working hard on our space, new flooring was just put down and now we are onto setting up an organized space

10. Put our "backyard heaven" plan into action - in progress - our raised beds are in and contain our growing garden, but other parts of our plan will be our next sunny weekend job.

11. Share about my choices and plans concerning "simple living" - in progress- I have been doing a fair amount of writing about my choices and opinions on "simple living" recently.

12. Complete a photography challenge - completed - check out my photos here.

13. Be mindful of support given to friends and family - in progress - This is a goal that will stretch for the entire year... As friends and family always have reasons to celebrate or reasons to give support.

No comments:

Post a Comment