Monday, February 10, 2014

Put Up + Away {Canning for a Winter Day}

I love saving summer's produce for winter. 

Seeing beautiful food in my cupboard gives me great joy. 

The work takes time. But it is good work. Important work.

And we always enjoy eating the jams, salsas, ketchups {and etc!} that much more when the weather turns cold.

I've pulled out a few of my favorite canning resources and have been stealing glances at the pages, willing a bit of summer into my mind... these winter days have me missing berry picking and tomato chopping!




Three of my favorite canning books:

Putting Food By  by Greene, Hertzberg and Vaughan

Put 'em Up by Sherri Brooks Vinton

Homemade Living: Preserving & Canning with Ashley English


Some favorite recipes links:

Chunky Salsa



No comments:

Post a Comment