Monday, June 30, 2014

Our Humble Homestead: Details on the Front Porch

This past year I've gotten around to decorating our front porch more and more. It makes it fun now that I walk home from work - the first step I take onto our driveway I feel very lucky to have a sweet tiny front porch. It's a great way to welcome myself home.

However, I don't always get to spend much time on decorating the front porch. I'm hoping once some of our bigger (and messier) home improvements are completed I'll have a bit more time for seasonal touches around our home.

So, to take advantage of the bit of time I have here and there - I've made it simple to decorate the front porch with a few specific items that do not change. Then I add or subtract a few details to make it more fun.


I typically hang a burlap wreath {I made something similar to this DIY here}, two small chalkboards {purchased at craft store}, and set out a little cabinet {hand me down from my mother-in-law}.


Then I just add a few seasonal items - pinning fall leaves or holiday looking decor in the folds of the burlap wreath, writing a few words on the chalkboards, and setting out a plant or bowl on top of the little cabinet. I hope to get more inspired as time comes, but it is just enough to make our porch a tad more homey feeling.

I'm in progress on our summer porch. Hopefully I can share it with you soon! {Now, to just get that front flower bed in order...}



No comments:

Post a Comment