Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Running Thoughts

I have a love/hate relationship with running.




I love to say "I ran today". I hate to actually do it. But I swear it is slowly getting better and I loathe it less each day.

Over the past year or so I've been running off and on with my husband who is a great trainer for me, the beginner runner. He pushes me often enough to grow and lets me run by myself often enough to keep interested in this type of exercise. I'm not one to put in a long run and I often walk. I'm the one who sometimes gets mad near the end of the run because I'm not finished yet.

I'm currently back in the swing of a running routine and I'm hoping to complete a 5k this fall. (I meant to do it this summer, but who was I kidding? It was freaking hot!)




Recently I've picked up a bit of inspiration from a past student, who apparently has an interest in running. Her mother shared a photo of her after running her second 5k. She is seven years old now and is participating in 3.1 mile races with her dad. I love it. I'm so excited for their healthy family tradition. I'm so grateful to be inspired by this young creative girl once again.




It also helps to have a little running buddy who has some extra energy to burn. So between my husband and dog someone gets me out the door and on a running route. I'm also grateful for that.


No comments:

Post a Comment