Friday, January 30, 2015

Homegrown: Garden Dreaming



It may come as no surprise. But I've been doing a bit of garden dreaming these past few days. Making 'Garden Resolutions' and considering a schedule for this year. Last year I had a poor garden display. Partly my {lack of} doing, partly lack of sun, partly who knows...




In 2015, I'm moving on and hoping for a better year. I'm claiming a fresh start and making a few Garden Resolutions {as inspired by this post}


2015 Garden Resolutions
::grow fewer types of produce and more of what we actually eat {such as}::
  • tomatoes
  • peppers
  • onions
  • lettuce, spinach
  • zucchini
  • cucumbers
  • potatoes
  • sweet potatoes
  • carrots
  • garlic
  • herbs: basil, thyme, bay, cilantro, rosemary, sage
::spend time on our food or garden everyday {cooking, prepping, menu planning, gardening, etc.}::
::grow flowers::
::make plans for chickens {and possibly carry out those plans - I've been just dying for a few layers}::
::plant a fruit tree::
::find ways that work for us to preserve some of our mushroom harvest::



I'm using January to read some gardening books, lay out my garden plan, and consider the year's schedule + flow. How about you, up to some garden dreaming? I'd love to hear about it. Just comment below!




No comments:

Post a Comment